Friday, January 04, 2008

It's not the heat

Darkness is the biggest enemy for riding in winter. If I lived in a town with lighted streets, I'd probably feel comfortable riding at night. But out in a rural area where many of the roads are apparently used as (high-speed) connector routes, I'd rather skip it.

And around this time of year, you have to deal with an extreme lack of time. The horridays are just one thing after another. So I'll ride the trainer again tonight but I'm going to hold the weatherman to his promise of a fair weekend. I can deal with the cold as long as the sun is out.

I heard this morning that Paris is the most bike-friendly town in Europe. I'd always heard that was Amsterdam so it might be worth looking into.

N.B. - usually the LBS is having a sale about now. For some reason, not a single shop in the Triangle is having a sale on parts and such. I need a few odds and ends and would like to pick up a few things on the cheap, being an economical bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home