Friday, December 07, 2007

Riding the trainer

Yeah, it's not so much the cold but the dark. That's where winter really bites it for the cyclist.

So I've set up the CAAD 3 bike on a trainer. Now, what's the worst thing about training? Yep, it's boring. Boring. Boring. To relieve this I had been sitting the trainer in front of the TV. But, honestly, TV has gotten boring. Boring. Boring.

In a fit of inspiration I got an old laptop out of the closet. I set it up on a barstool in front of the bike. I've set it up with a copy of the excellent multi-media software VLC and loaded the laptop with AVIs of movies, documentaries, and other items downloaded from teh Intrawebs.

Man, that's the ticket. I've found I stretch my time on the trainer if I get really involved with what I'm watching.

1 Comments:

Blogger KYScoast said...

Strayhorn,
I like the laptop AVI's idea. Someone who knew me well could load it with certain material and I could probably die from extended trainer time---you know like double centuries, etc.

Nice blog. Keep at it.

KYScoast

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home