Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Employee Transportation Forum

So I went to last year's Employee Transportation Forum which allegedly promotes walking, cycling, inter-modal, etc. Someone of my experience should have realized that it's just one of those dog-and-pony shows that organizations have to put on to ticket-punch their requirements for state or federal funding.

See also: diversity in hiring.

Anyway, I had discovered that my building had not one but two of the most-sought-after requirements for cycling to work - showers. And they were nice showers, too - not those cheap metal stalls that factories use for decontaminating someone after they have been sprayed with toxic materials or subjected to a speech from Dear Leader. But actual enclosed stalls within a nice room with a bench for changing.

Too bad they were both filled up with old files and other assorted junk.

I asked several people why we couldn't clean out at least one of those showers for the use of the cyclists (there are several in my building). Never got a straight answer. As usual in a bureaucracy, no one wants to rock the boat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home