Friday, September 05, 2008

Low sparks

A nearby middle school has a quarter-mile asphalt track around the soccer/football field. Sometimes when I'm tired of dealing with traffic I'll ride up there and do laps.

Part of the zen of cycling for me is doing my own work on the bike, and the payoff for that is a perfectly silent drivetrain. Combine that with a good set of Mavic wheels and Conti tires and you have a silence that's actually preferable to listening to the iPod, which I often do when I have a music jones to cure.

Anyway, I was able to hold 22mph for about 10 minutes after I had warmed up before dropping back to my normal 18mph. A steep hillclimb on the way home finished the short workout. The days are getting shorter.

3 Comments:

Blogger KYScoast said...

Nice riding my Liege.

1:19 PM  
Blogger apox said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:56 AM  
Blogger apox said...

by low sparks, do you mean to say that this particular workout was fueled by sparks alcohol/energy drink? nice product placement, sir.

cheers

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home